If you are researching your orthodontics treatment options, you may be wondering about Invisalign costs. In most cases, Invisalign is comparable in price to traditional braces. Even more importantly, the treatment has significant benefits for your appearance, your oral health, and even your overall physical wellbeing. Plus, Invisalign’s subtle clear aligners can help you feel confident during your orthodontic care.
Dr. Timothy E. Mickiewicz is committed to providing the latest treatments and to making them affordable for his patients. Along with his team, he can explain Invisalign costs and your financing options, and he can determine whether these clear aligners are the right treatment for you. Contact our office to learn more and to get a treatment estimate.
How much does Invisalign Cost?
The cost of Invisalign varies, depending on the severity of the case and the extent of correction required. In 2016, the average cost of treatment was $3,500 to $8,000. More recent estimates calculate the cost to be $1,800 to $9,500. Although this is a wide range, the average cost for a teen’s treatment is $3,000. Adults would typically pay an average $5,700. It is important to note, however, that these costs do not differ much from the cost of standard metal braces, which typically run between $3,000 and $7,000.
Is financing available?
Invisalign will typically be covered by insurance. The amount covered will, of course, depend on your insurance provider and your individual policy. Nonetheless, insurance will often pay up to $3,500. You can download the MyInvisalign app to get an estimate of your coverage. You can also speak to a member of our team to discuss any insurance questions.
Because insurance may not cover the full amount of treatment, there are several financing options for your out-of-pocket costs:
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- In-house financing
Why should I invest in Invisalign?
When considering the costs of Invisalign, it is important to remember that orthodontia is a long-term investment that can yield a significant return. The benefits of Invisalign include:
- Improved dental health: Dental misalignment can increase your risk for tooth decay, since food and bacteria can easily be trapped in overlapping teeth. You could also face a higher likelihood of worn and cracked teeth if your overall bite misalignment is off balance. Over time, the cost of emergency and restorative care could outweigh the cost of orthodontia.
- Reduced risk for TMJ Disorder: TMJ Disorder, a chronic inflammation of the jaw joints, can sometimes arise due to dental misalignment. When your bite is imbalanced, it can put pressure on your jaw, which can strain the muscles and even damage the joint itself. Correcting orthodontic issues could save you from years of chronic pain.
- Cosmetic benefits: Crooked teeth have a big impact on your smile and your overall appearance. Orthodontic care of any kind can give you a brighter, healthier-looking grin, as well as an increased sense of self-confidence. At the same time, Invisalign offers additional aesthetic advantages over metal braces. The aligner trays are very discreet and hard to see, even close up.
- Convenient, comfortable care: Many patients find the smooth surface of Invisalign trays to be more comfortable than metal braces. Plus, they are removable, which means you can continue to eat a normal diet, as long as you are vigilant about dental hygiene before putting the aligners back in your mouth.
Contact Us to Learn More about Invisalign Costs
Make an investment that is truly worth your time and resources! Contact our Sacramento, CA, office today to receive a treatment estimate and to learn more about the benefits of Invisalign. Book an appointment online or call us directly at 916-469-9178.