Welcome! We are so glad you’ve chosen our practice. Visiting a new dental office can be a bit nerve-wracking, especially if you’re not sure what to expect. Dr. Timothy E. Mickiewicz and our team have compiled some information so you will be at ease and prepared for your first appointment with us.
What to Expect at
Your First Visit
When You Arrive
The day you come in for your first visit, you will be asked to fill out our new patient paperwork. If you have filled it out beforehand, be sure to bring it with you to your appointment. This packet will provide us with information regarding your health history, current medications, and insurance policy. It is important to be as thorough as possible, so Dr. Mickiewicz can provide accurate treatment.
What to Bring
In addition to your new patient paperwork, there are a few things that you will want to bring along with you. These include:
- A list of current medications: This will be extremely helpful for Dr. Mickiewicz. A complete list of medications will help him determine if there are any existing contraindications to treatment.
- Your insurance card: Every insurance policy is unique. To obtain a good understanding of your coverage, be sure to bring any pertinent insurance information with you to your appointment.
- Your financial questions: We offer a number of financing options to help our patients pay their co-payments. We will do everything in our power to find a payment plan that will work with your budget. Bring your questions to our team of financial experts to find a solution.
- Any dental x-rays: If you have recent dental x-rays from another doctor, bring them with you. Even though we will most likely take new x-rays during your first visit, previous radiographs will be helpful to determine if any significant changes have occurred since the last time you were evaluated.
- A list of questions: It can be difficult to remember everything you want to ask the doctor when you arrive. It is helpful to make a list of questions ahead of time so that all of your concerns can be addressed. Of course, if you suddenly remember something when you leave the office, simply call us! We are always here to answer your questions.
Your Initial Consultation
Once our friendly front office staff has entered your information into our computer system, a clinical team member will escort you to a consultation room. You will be introduced to Dr. Mickiewicz, and he will review your health history with you. Once you are acquainted, Dr. Mickiewicz will closely listen to your concerns and treatment goals. He will then perform a complete examination of your teeth, gums, jaw joints, and surrounding oral maxillofacial structures. He will assess the way your teeth fit together when you bite down, and determine the primary cause for your condition.
X-rays, scans, and other diagnostic information will be gathered. Our office utilizes the latest in techniques and technology to provide optimal care for our patients. When a full diagnosis has been made, Dr. Mickiewicz will design a fully personalized treatment plan to address your unique and specific needs.
Contact Us to Learn More
Whether you are suffering from TMJ pain, migraines, or sleep apnea, Dr. Mickiewicz can provide treatment options to offer relief. We look forward to meeting you and working with you. Together, we can find a solution that will reduce your discomfort and improve your overall quality of life. If you have questions about your first visit with us, give us a call at (916) 469-9178 or contact our Sacramento, CA practice online.